The project will provide significant benefits at local, regional and state levels both directly and indirectly:
- A new entrant in the South Australian power sector.
- Direct economic benefits, particularly during construction, leveraging the strength of South Australia’s civil contracting industry.
- Significant contribution to resolve energy security and reliability challenges, representing the lowest cost grid scale energy storage.
- Enable South Australia to increase use of wind and solar, resulting in further local investment and strengthening broader economy, with potential to increase energy flows into Eastern States.
- Uses existing infrastructure (275kV network near Davenport; & SA Water Morgan Whyalla Pipeline).
- Represents significant investment to the South Australian economy.
Altura Group value the input and feedback from the community and would love to hear from you.
Please contact us by email or phone, or visit us at one of our open-door days.